We hit the one year mark of Covid-19 this past March, and with the vaccine only being a possibility over the summer of last year, we’ve all been wondering when this pandemic will come to an end. Well, good news! The vaccine has been administered to about 265 million people, and there are 118 million people that have been fully vaccinated. This means that approximately 35 percent of the US population has been vaccinated, leaving another approximate 65 percent needing a vaccination. With Covid-19 coming to an end, that brings us back to all of the fun and exciting events such as proms, festivals, carnivals, and more, but especially concerts!
Concerts in 2021-2022
Concerts seem to be one of the last things to return to normalcy, and rescheduled concert dates have been on everyone’s minds lately as we approach the summer time. Hundreds of concerts for our favorite artists have been rescheduled or continued on a virtual setting, but some of those artists are beginning to announce their new concert dates! (FYI: The Billboard has released all of the new concert dates for the more popular shows in the US).
There have been concerts rescheduled for as soon as this May, on. Although this all sounds amazing, there may be some concerts or concert security that will require some sort of proof that you have been vaccinated, or a negative test result before allowing the public to come back and enjoy the music. That being said, President Biden made an announcement today, May thirteenth, that as long as you have been vaccinated, you will be allowed in and outdoors without a mask, but you must have your vaccine card, or some sort of proof. With this in mind, things should be much easier moving forward, as more and more people are getting their vaccinations, especially the younger crowd, such as twelve through fifteen year olds.
There’s also a new form of concert and live show for those who are looking for an easier, covid free experience, and that is drive-in shows/concerts. Just like drive-in movies became extremely popular this past year because of movie theaters being closed, drive-in concerts are becoming more and more popular, logical, and affordable, considering recent surges of Covid across the globe. Knowing that concerts are returning, and drive-in concerts will be taking place more often, it seems as though we could all have an incredible summer ahead of us!
New Concert Dates
Young Thug- May 21, 2021 at 1515 Broadway, New York, NY
5 Seconds of Summer- May 29, 2021 at the PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
Guns N’ Roses- August 5, 2021 at the PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
Harry Styles- (Earliest date)- October 3, 2021 at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Louis Tomlinson- (Earliest date)- February 10, 2022 at the Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
(Check out https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9386776/concerts-rescheduled-coronavirus-list/ for more of your favorite artist’s rescheduled concert dates!)