Taylor Swift’s First Night of Eras Tour Couldn’t Be Better

Taylor Swift is back at it after 5 years, starting in Glendale, Arizona.
Tom Cooper/Getty Images
Taylor Swift performs onstage for her Eras Tour at Empower Field At Mile High in Denver, Colorado.

Taylor Swift performed in her first city of the Eras Tour on Friday, Mar. 17 at 6:30 p.m. More than 70,000 fans flooded the State Farm Stadium. It has been five long years since “Swifties” have seen Swift on tour. The eagerness for this concert was shown by fans as they started to enter when doors opened at 4:30 p.m.

According to The Atlantic, Swift asked “So, uh, is it just me or do we have a lot of things to catch up on?” before she started the concert. She played a total of 44 songs from six albums. Her first song was “Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince,” from her Lover album and it was perfect because the song talks about how it’s been a “long time” since her last tour was five years ago. After she sang her first song, it created a good vibe for fans in the stadium.

The audience had a blast as she continued to sing songs from her albums entitled, “Lover,” “Folklore,” “Reputation,” “Speak Now,” “Evermore,” and lastly her newest album “Midnights”. In between every few songs, Swift spoke about why some of the songs were important to her and she told anecdotes about the backstory of the song. She did not let the energy fall and managed to keep the whole audience intrigued for over three hours.

Swift also performed multiple outfit changes throughout the show. It was clear that she put in a lot of time and effort to match her outfits to the albums. Along with completing over 10 successful outfit changes, her choreography and the whole performance showed her commitment. Swift also set up the stadium with color-coordinated confetti to match each album she was singing songs from. Fans were provided with LED bracelets with different colors to match the confetti.

“Ever since I started seeing pictures from this show, it makes me more excited to go because this is more than any other concert,” said freshmen Sienna Fein. Many students from Kinnelon will be attending her concert this year, so being able to see pictures/videos of what to expect and get ready for is exciting.

Although getting tickets for this concert was almost impossible, Swift will be performing a total of 52 shows around the United States. Tickets could be purchased on Ticketmaster, StubHub, and second-hand from resellers. The tickets ranged from $50 to over $3000, but it really depended on how close the seats were to the stage. Tickets sold out in seconds and the prices from resellers started at $700 per ticket. It is safe to say that Swift’s fans were eager for a show because they went crazy and even managed to shut down the websites that were selling tickets.

As the show was coming to an end, according to The Atlantic, she talked about how “…the concept of the show was to ‘adventure’ through her first 17 years of music…,” which is exactly what she did. The versatility of songs from each album kept the fans in suspense about what she would sing next. The first night of the Eras Tour was a hit and fans are looking forward to her next concerts in their cities.