Halloween/Fall desserts You need to Try!

Hungry, bored, and in the spirit for Halloween? Try these amazing, delicious, and fun halloween recipes to celebrate the spookiest season of the year!
Fall Desserts
Pinterest

What’s a better way to start off the fall season than to bake the most delicious  halloween and autumn themed goods there are! Using the trending fall flavors, such as pumpkin spice, maple, and apple, you’ll have the best treats on the block! 

Marshmallow Ghost Brownies

__________________

They are ghostly and adorable! Make these delicious and gooey 

brownies to get an aww from your guests!

INGREDIENTS NEEDED: 

(for brownies)

• Cooking spray
  • 1 c. plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
  • 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
  • 9 tbsp. (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

(for marshmallow ghosts)

• 1 1/4 tsp. unflavored gelatin (part of 1 envelope)
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • Store-bought black piping frosting

DIRECTIONS: 

Step One: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13- inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch overhang on the 2 long sides. Grease paper.

Step Two: Whisk together flour, pie spice, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Melt chocolate chips, butter, and cocoa in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk together sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add butter mixture to sugar mixture and stir to combine. Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared pan. 

Step Three: Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in the pan. Run a knife along the two short sides of the pan and lift brownies from the pan using parchment. Remove parchment and transfer brownies to a serving platter.

Make the Marshmallow Ghosts:

Step One: Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a bowl to soften.

Step Two: Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. When water comes to a boil, stop stirring, and wash down sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to remove any undissolved sugar and prevent crystals from forming. Boil until the temperature reaches 238°F on a candy thermometer, 4 to 6 minutes.

Step Three: Add sugar mixture to gelatin. Whisk with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Increase speed to high and whisk until soft peaks form, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer marshmallow to a heavy-duty zip-top bag with a small hole cut in one corner (or a piping bag fitted with a #12 plain tip). 

Step Four: Immediately pipe ghost shapes on brownies. Let dry for 1 hour. Pipe black frosting eyes and mouths. Brownies can be stored in an airtight container for 1 day.

Pumpkin-Spiced Buns with SpiderWeb Glaze

___________________________

They’re cute and easy to make, and can serve as a 

delicious seasonal breakfast!

INGREDIENTS NEEDED:

• 1/2 c. warm whole milk (100°F to 110°F) 
  • 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
  • 2/3 c. packed light brown sugar, divided
  • 4 3/4 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for work surface
  • 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
  • 14 tbsp. (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided
  • 1 c. canned pure pumpkin, divided
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 c. confectioners’ sugar
  • 6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS: 

Step One: Lightly grease a bowl. Place milk in a second bowl and sprinkle with yeast. Let stand until foamy, 4 to 5 minutes (if yeast does not foam, discard and start again). Add 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 cup flour. Beat, with a dough hook, on low speed with an electric mixer until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in salt, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 6 tablespoons butter until smooth, 1 minute. Beat in 3/4 cup pumpkin until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining 3 3/4 cups flour just until combined, 1 minute. 

Step Two: Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until dough forms a loose ball and begins to pull away from top of bowl, about 1 minute (dough will still stick to bottom of bowl). Continue to beat until the dough is smooth and elastic, 3 to 5 minutes. Place dough in a prepared bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm place (80°F to 85°F) until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.

Step Three: Stir together remaining 8 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup pumpkin in a bowl. Stir together remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a second bowl.

Step Four: Punch down dough and turn out onto a well-floured work surface. Roll to a 12-by-16-inch rectangle. Spread butter mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, pressing gently to help adhere. Roll up dough, starting at one long side. Trim both ends of dough.

Step Five: Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, cut dough into 12 equal slices. Arrange on a prepared baking sheet. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm place until puffed, about 30 to 40 minutes.

Step Six: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake until golden brown and cook through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, 10 minutes.

Step Seven:  Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Transfer to a zip-top bag. Cut a 1/4-inch hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe glaze on top of buns in a spiderweb pattern. Serve warm.

Spooky Frost Pudding Cups

_________________

The cutest Halloween dessert is sure to delight!

Your guests won’t be able to get enough.

INGREDIENTS NEEDED:

• 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/3 c. cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 3 1/2 c. whole milk
  • 6 large egg yolks
  • 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 4 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 20 whole chocolate sandwich cookies, plus 12 crushed
  • 1 1/2 c. chocolate candy melts
  • 4- or 6-inch bamboo skewers
  • Chocolate sprinkles, optional
  • Candy pumpkins, for decorating

DIRECTIONS: 

Step One: Whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and eggs. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until mixture just begins to bubble and thicken, 5 to 7 minutes. (Make sure to stir the bottom and inside corners of the pan to prevent scorching.) Remove from heat. Add chocolate, butter, and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.

Step two: Place 1 whole cookie on the bottom of 10 juice glasses (about 6 ounces each). Top with half of the pudding, dividing evenly. Top with a second cookie. Top each glass with remaining pudding, dividing evenly. Top with crushed cookies, dividing evenly; cover and chill.

Step Three: Place a tree template of your choice  under a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet. Melt candy melts according to package directions. Transfer to a heavy-duty zip-top bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Pipe a line of melted chocolate on the trunks of the trees and place the bamboo skewers on top. Pipe chocolate over the bamboo skewer and over the rest of the lines on the template to create trees (this can be done loosely—there is no need to follow the template exactly). Sprinkle the branches with chocolate sprinkles. Chill until set.

Step Four: Insert chocolate trees into glasses of pudding and decorate with candy pumpkins.