The Most Festive Drinks This Holiday Season

The 7 most popular holiday drinks this holiday season
Dunkin Donuts holiday drinks

As the weather gets colder and 2023 comes to an end, it is now the holiday season. Food places across the world bring back traditional holiday drinks and add new ones. Here are the top seven holiday drinks of the 2023-2024 holiday season. 

One of the most popular coffee shops in the world is Starbucks. On the second of November 2023, Starbucks released its festive holiday drinks and pastries. A new addition this year is the Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai Latte. This drink includes oat milk with a pumpkin spice topping, 4 pumps of chai tea, and is finished with an ice add-in. Not only does this drink include the holiday flavor of gingerbread, but also a fall taste of the pumpkin spice topping. Sophomore, Paige Drazenovic says, “I didn’t think I’d like the drink due to the mix of the pumpkin and gingerbread flavor, but it’s now my go-to order. The flavors go nicely together as they contrast each other.” 

Though the Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai Latte is a new popular drink, the most ordered holiday drink in all of Starbucks during the holiday season is the Peppermint Mocha. This drink includes milk foam and steamed milk, 2% milk, 4 peppermint syrup pumps, 4 mocha sauce pumps, whipped cream topping, and chocolate curls on top. Sophomore Chloe Burczynski says, “I can see why this is the most ordered drink because it has festive flavors that go well together.” 

Moving onto Dunkin, one of their most popular drinks is the Toasted white chocolate iced signature latte. This drink is described as an espresso, milk, white chocolate flavor, and garnished with different toppings. Junior Waiz Shaikh says, “This is my favorite drink off their holiday menu because it has the most flavor. ”

Next, is McDonald’s which serves this drink cold or hot. This is the Peppermint Mocha that contains espresso beans, steamed milk, peppermint chocolate syrup, and finished with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle. This drink is much like the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha but has an espresso twist. 

The peppermint flavor continues at Wendy’s with their returning Peppermint Frosty. Wendy’s has been known for their frosty since 1969 and continues this tradition through the holidays. This drink is a thick frosty with peppermint flavoring for the holiday season. Inspired by this Wendy’s frosty, the Peppermint Frosty Cold Brew is made up of peppermint syrup, mixed into their cold brew, and topped off with their traditional frosty creamer. 

The final peppermint drink is the Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake. This milkshake is hand-spun with a festive peppermint flavor along with Chick-fil-A’s “icedream”, finished with peppermint bark and whipped cream. Chic Fil A has 5-holiday drinks, but this one is the most popular. 

Last but not least is Jamba Juice’s Merry Orange Cranberry Smoothie. This smoothie is sweet and tart with a balance of cranberry and orange flavor. Finally, there is a topping of coconut cream.

With so many holiday drinks available this year it’ll be hard to decide which one to order. Overall, these drinks are expected to be the most popular this holiday season and the best recommendations.