Avengers: Endgame (2019) Review

The Endgame poster. Photo courtesy of IMDB.

Avengers, assemble! If you thought it couldn’t get any more shocking than Infinity War, then you’re in for a big surprise. Endgame is many things, but underwhelming or disappointing, is certainly not. As the culmination of the Infinity Saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this behemoth of a blockbuster pulls out all the stops to give its audience the ultimate payoff.

With a runtime of three hours, you’d think the movie would drag from time to time. However, the film makes great use of its length and has excellent pacing. The ensemble cast is exceptional like never before in an MCU film. Since it’s the end of an era, it’s only fitting to see nearly every character give their best performance in the franchise. The ending was poetic; a beautiful last 15 minutes of closure.

Overall, this was as perfect a conclusion to the MCU thus far that there could possibly have been. Everything in this movie was done so incredibly well. It subverted expectations with enjoyable surprises, completed arcs in satisfying ways, and delivered fan service without feeling forced. It was hilarious as much as it was poignant. It was fun as much as it was suspenseful. It leaves you content as much as it leaves you wanting more.

Avengers: Endgame brilliantly caps off this 11-year journey. The sense of finality has never felt so real in a film franchise. I give Endgame a perfect 10/10 rating.