Trump Impending Impeachment Initiated

House Democrats subpoena Trump and entourage for potential connections to Ukraine.
Photo Courtesy of Getty Images
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky alongside President Trump at the U.N. General Assembly.

On Oct. 4, the Democratic Party did what they had been rumored to be considering since the 2016 election of Donald Trump; they subpoenaed the White House and a few significant political figures and have implemented an upcoming impeachment trial of the president. House Democrats formally requested all evidence of Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into investigating former Vice President Joe Biden. 

Two subpoenas were issued to the secretary of defense, Mark Esper, and the current White House Budget director, Mick Mulvaney, and an additional three house members have made a move against Vice President Mike Pence, demanding documents from him. Democrats have argued that Donald Trump doesn’t have a defense due to inconsistencies in his story.  

Evidence Democrats have been using to back their claims are text messages sent between Donald Trump and the Ukranian President. 

“What these texts show from people that are appointees of the Trump administration is that they were plotting this, before the call, after the call… It shows there was a quid pro quo and these were the operatives trying to make that transaction happen,” Diplomat Michael McFall told NBC.

On Oct. 6,  the attorneys representing the whistleblower who filed a complaint about President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine announced that they are now representing multiple whistleblowers in connection to the case, including one with firsthand knowledge of events.

Photo Courtesy of Twitter
President Trump’s Tweet on Oct. 6th.

“I can confirm that my firm and my team represent multiple whistleblowers in connection to the underlying August 12, 2019 disclosure to the intelligence community to the Inspector General,” tweeted Andrew Bakaj. 

Just as the Democrats plan to take President Trump to trial, he too intends to bring others to court: more specifically House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi. He claims that the way they have been handling the whistleblower is unethical and that Representative Adam Schiff’s claims were false. The president called his interactions with Ukraine “perfect” and Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, has said that he has felt no pressure from President Trump to investigate the Bidens. The House Democrats, led by Adam Schiff, claim that President Trump has withheld funding from Kiev as a part of a supposed “quid pro quo” to receive information on one of his potential political opponents. 

According to the president, Pelosi is grabbing at straws. “Nancy Pelosi knew of all of the many Shifty Adam Schiff lies and massive frauds perpetrated upon Congress and the American people, in the form of a fraudulent speech knowingly delivered as a ruthless con, and the illegal meetings with a highly partisan ‘Whistleblower’ & lawyer…This makes Nervous Nancy every bit as guilty as Liddle’ Adam Schiff for High Crimes and Misdemeanors, even Treason. I guess that means that they, along with all of those that evilly “colluded” with them, must all be immediately impeached!”, Trump tweeted. 

Though polls for the 2020 election indicate that Trump is no longer in the lead, he may be leaving office even sooner than expected.