What will the New Year bring?

What KHS students are looking forward to in 2021.
Bringing+in+the+New+Year+with+sparklers.++
Unsplash.com
Bringing in the New Year with sparklers.

2020 has been an interesting start to the decade for students at KHS and around the world. As a new year approaches, many are excited to see the changes and advancements it may bring. 

“I’m looking forward to COVID cases dropping because of the new vaccine, and maybe [life]  going back to more normal,” says sophomore Ian Hackney. “I have high hopes for next year, any year is probably gonna be better than 2020.”

“I’m looking forward to a return to normalcy, sooner rather than later. No masks, movie theaters and concert venues open, all of that,” says senior Owen Kruger. 

However, some students are a bit skeptical. “I don’t really have high hopes for next year because they [medical professionals] are saying that the vaccine probably won’t be available to the general public until April or May but I am still hoping,” says junior Emalene Castellano-Smith. 

KHS Seniors are also preparing to go off to college in 2021. “I am very excited to go off to college next year and I can’t wait to make new friends and memories,” says senior Kesini Shivaram.

“I’m probably the odd one out here but I’m most excited for my first semester of college,” says Kruger. “I’m looking forward to a completely new environment with new people to meet and learn from.”

There are specific seasons and events students are looking forward to as well. “I’m most excited about summer and spending time with friends before we leave for college,” says Shivaram. “I am also excited about graduation.”

“I am most excited for the summer and spending time with friends and family,” says junior Baylie Daniels. “In 2021 I’m looking forward to becoming a senior and starting to look at colleges and spending a lot of time with friends and family.”

“I’m most excited about summer, because I really hope we’re able to do things this year, and safely. Hopefully I’ll get to be in a musical, because it’s been a while!” says sophomore Caroline Nieto. From graduation to extracurriculars, many new events and opportunities await students at KHS in 2021.   

“I’m looking forward to a fresh start since this year has been so unpredictable. I think it will be nice to get another chance at a good year!” says Nieto.