New Year New You

With 2023 coming to an end, it’s time to start thinking about your New Year’s resolutions.
Alexandra Haines
Fireworks to celebrate the fast-approaching New Years Eve

As 2024 looms closer, so does the prospect of the clean slate that the new year brings. Given this clean slate, many look at their goals and aspirations, thinking a new year is a good opportunity to strive for them. These goals are often referred to as New Year’s resolutions and have become a tradition in many households. But one question remains; what makes a good New Year’s resolution? A common rule of thumb is that a resolution should make one either happier, healthier, or more successful. If you need some ideas for your 2024 resolution, here are some examples of resolutions from the students of KHS. 

One student has shared that she decided she wants to focus on becoming happier in 2024. Junior Margot Ruiz says, “I want to focus on lowering my stress levels.” To achieve this goal, she plans to try and focus on her self-care, spending less time worrying and more time sharing a laugh with her friends. 

Students Gianna Gianforte and Adriana Aslani, both juniors at KHS, plan to focus on becoming healthier in the new year. They plan to reach their body goals, dedicating themselves to working out and eating well to get there. 

And finally, student Olivia Torres has shared her goal for the new year. Olivia wants to become more successful in school and aims to get a high score on her SATs. “I plan to focus on studying,” Torres says, “and I’m going to try my best to get a 1500 on my SAT.” 

A New Year’s resolution doesn’t have to change the world, but should just be something that will improve one’s life, even if it’s only in a small way. A new year is always a great opportunity to make some positive changes to one’s self.