Come one, come all to the many clubs at KHS

Juliana Marston, Staff Reporter

Humanitarian. Poet. Reporter. Mentor. Athlete. What do these people have in common?

They all have a home at KHS.

Kinnelon High School has a wide variety of different after school clubs and extracurricular activities. There is Culinary  Club, Scientific Research  the KHS Newspaper, Give Back Club, Contemporary Choir, Stage Crew, different honor societies, and over 30 more.

“I’d say Feedback is my favorite right now because it is a good place to write about what you want, instead of essays and papers. It’s just an overall good environment,” says sophomore Emily Mendoza.

Sometimes, students get tired of writing the things assigned in class. Having this club gives them the ability to write about whatever their heart desires. This can range from poetry argumentative pieces the student is passionate about.

“I really like Give Back club. [History teacher Erin] Scheibling does a lot of events, like Shelter Our Soldiers. It’s really helpful to the community and raises money for a really good cause,” says senior Emma Jones.

KHS has multiple clubs that revolve around giving back to the community and this is one of them. Here, students are provided with the chance to give back to some of our nation’s soldiers.

There is also Peer Leaders, another club evoking around giving back. This club helps with the freshmen orientation each year that focuses on getting incoming ninth graders advice on high school and a tour.

“National Art Honor Society is also really cool because it brings art to the community and allows artists to share their work,” Jones said. This club is known for giving student artists a chance to share some of their incredible pieces. KHS has many talented artists, all of which are encouraged to join this group.

Have an interest in joining a club?

Then click here: http://khs.kinnelonpublicschools.org/pages/Kinnelon_High_School/Activities