White Christmas or Sunny Holiday?

Night shot of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. Picture courtesy of G Santy.

As the holiday season approaches everything Christmas starts up once again. The carols, the movies, the decorations, the cookies, and the cold.

A common theme among these festivities is the desire for a “white Christmas,” but is that the popular opinion? Does KHS really desire a wintery Christmas or one spent on warm beaches?

Junior Marina Hussain cast her vote for a snowy holiday. “I would rather spend Christmas in the traditional winter setting because snow is what truly makes it feel like Christmas.”

Junior Graeme Carroll also cast his vote for a white Christmas. “I would prefer a wintery setting because it encompasses the spirit of Christmas to a greater degree.”

Staff member and math teacher Louis Castano agreed as well. “Even though you cannot relax with your toes in the snow the same way you can with your toes in the sand, snow and Christmas go hand-in-hand. Snowfall on Christmas Day adds a little extra magic to the holiday!”

It seems the carols won over KHS because all of our interviewees (including those not quoted) cast their vote for a white Christmas. We hear you Kinnelon, “may all your Christmases be white!”