COVID Culture in High School

• Class attendance has been cut down due to Covid- 19. Each class only has two to six students in class in person.

• Water fountains are now taped off to avoid an increase Covid cases.

• Post-It notes are used to indicate if someone is using the restroom. Only one person is allowed to use the restroom at a time.

• The school’s library is now used as an additional faculty room in order to spread out students and staff.

• Desk Shield are used to protect students and teachers from being too close to each other and sharing space.

• Many students are at home, either full time or as their hybrid schedule. Because of this, they are required to be on Zoom meetings throughout the school day.

• Students no longer play their instruments in band class. Instead, they use drumsticks to “play” buckets in place of drums in class.

• Like the desk shield the Main office uses transparent partitions to separate faculty members and students.

• Because of students staying home, the parking lot only has an average of twenty cars in it each day. This has lowered the risk of accidents and the waiting time to come and go from the school.

• Students now have to wear masks when gym class is inside. On nice days, they go outside and walk around the track six feet apart from each other and can take off their masks if they are separated.