Another Win for the Patriots: The Rundown of Super Bowl LIII

The Superbowl LIII Stadium. Photo courtesy of NFL.

The reviews and Internet polls are in: Super Bowl LII was boring.

It appears the majority of the viewers deemed this Super Bowl a rather uneventful one. Perhaps that is because this was the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history ending with the Patriots defeating the Ram at a score of 13-3. It might have been because America is tired of watching the Patriots win.

Junior Alyssa Benzija weighed in; “I was expecting a lot more from the game. The Super Bowl, right? A couple of field goals were not that fun to watch.”

From several polls on social media sites like Instagram, it was clear many were watching purely for famous Super Bowl the ads and not the actual game. Viewers were not disappointed. There were ads with Steve Carell, Cardi B, Zoe Kravitz, and many other celebrity faces.

Junior Anna Santy said, “I really liked the Hyundai ad with Jason Bateman because it was light-hearted and compelling advertisement without any of the negative energy towards competitors you usually see”.

Although Super Bowl LIII might not have kept spectators on their toes it did bring with it many historical events. For one, it was the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history with a score of 13-3. Also, it ended the reign of the Steelers as the team with the most Super Bowl wins; the Patriots and the Steelers are now tied with six Super Bowls under their belts. Most remarkably, America must recognize the extraordinary abilities of Patriot quarterback, Tom Brady. Brady remains the only quarterback to ever win six Super Bowls, the closest to this record are Joe Montana of the 49ers and Terry Bradshaw of the Steelers with four Super Bowl wins.

History occurred right before America’s eyes last Sunday and it appears many missed it; maybe they were already put to sleep.