Football Team Ready to Bounce Back After a Tough Start to the 2018 Season

Lors Photography

Starting the season off with three straight losses was not the way the Kinnelon High School football team wanted the first three weeks to go.

The season started on Aug. 31, when the Colts hosted the Parsippany Redhawks under the Friday Night Lights. The team lost in an overtime battle. Week two was an away game at Montville where the Colts fell short against the Mustangs; week three, the team was bested by Wallkill Valley.

“Obviously this isn’t how we wanted the season to start,” senior captain and quarterback Joey Rymarz said. “We have to just take everything one play at a time and make sure we consistently execute [our plays].”

Senior captain and wide receiver Quinn Duffy also knows what is needed for the Colts to succeed. “We need to work harder in practice and start being more consistent and everybody has to know their plays.”

Head Coach Kevin White sees the drive in his players, especially in his seniors, to win.

“Our seniors… definitely realize the importance of this year since it’s their last shot and they want to make it the best experience possible,” he said.

The Kinnelon football team is now looking to put the start of their season behind them and play the best they can for the rest of the year.

“We all care a lot about the team,” Rymarz said, “We want to make a statement about ourselves.”

View Comments (1)